IMPROVING STUDENTS’ MOTIVATION – GOOGLE TOOLS AND MOBILE APPS
C3 Activity – 28/03/2022 – 01/04/2022 – Using digital tools to create quizzes: Math.
- Ice breaking activities were held using App Jumborad/Professions/Maths;
- A lecture by Microsoft Latvia and company “Primend” introducing the Power BI app;
- A lecture by “Draugiem Group” – Their brands work in many different fields, from print products, smart home solutions, to strengthening friendships and providing wonderful gifts;
- An introduction to “Accenture” company- the company which delivers on the promise of technology and human ingenuity;
- Workshop – Using digital tools to create quizzes;
- A bowling game – to communicate and improve interpersonal skills, team spirit and cultural acceptance;
- A cultural field trip to the city of Sigulda – discovering the city, the labyrinth of the Minotaur, followed by a Geocaching activity with use of Google Maps;
- Maths activity using the tools and apps: Google maps, Geogebra,CalcMaps, and Jamboard;
- Creating and presenting a maths task , using the LaTeX tool, a type setting system, that includes features designed for the production of technical and scientific documentation
Students who took part in the mobility benefited from important opportunities for their development as individuals and citizens: they developed peer relations, social and interpersonal skills and math problem solving skills using technologies.
The participant students became aware of how it will be to work in the near future: what competences an personal and professional profile the labour market is looking for.
Students learn about new tools and apps that can be used in the mathematical knowledge learning and problem solving.